Monday, November 7, 2011

Funny Stuff

I love the sense of humor of children. My 3 year old niece has recently discovered a new joke.
“Where do cows go on a first date?”
“Where?”
“To the mooooovies!”
She cracks up every time she tells it. Well, Cole is definitely starting to develop his own sense of humor, and I find it thoroughly entertaining. He makes faces at me, blows raspberries and laughs at everything.  He has always been a typical boy, but he has even started to appreciate “bathroom humor” as burping in my face always produces the giggles.  I think his favorite is to tell me no after everything I say and then laugh. (Not Mommy’s favorite.) His new thing (that I think he picked up from my niece) is that he laughs with his hand over his mouth, as if trying to hold it in. (This one I do love.) I just wonder how they learn humor. Sure, sometimes I think he hears people around him laugh, and I know that my laughing tends to egg him on, but there are other times that I just don’t know where the humor comes from. I mean, who told him that passing gas deserves a chuckle?
One of his jokes last week- riding home with his hat covering his eyes and looking around

No comments:

Post a Comment