Monday, August 8, 2011

Whose Birthday is it?

I often think about how we really know we are parents. Do you find yourself doing or saying things that you wouldn’t have dreamed of before you had a baby? Do you go to bed earlier and get up earlier? Have you broken down and bought a minivan? Whatever has changed about you, every parent knows that your life is never the same once you have a child. A great example of this is how we celebrated my husband’s 32nd birthday- at Sesame Place.
With Cole’s aforementioned recent obsession with Elmo, Kevin thought that his birthday would be the perfect day to take our little Sesame Streeter to the ultimate place to see Elmo- Sesame Place, conveniently located just an hour away in Langhorne, PA. (I did find myself thinking that day that I wonder whose idea it was to choose this town out of all the places in the country.)
We had a blast with Cole, riding the rides, playing in the water, watching the parade. The large, furry characters did prove to be a little scary, but it was all worth it. In fact, we had such a good time that we bought season passes for the rest of this year and next year.
My birthday is coming up soon. I wonder what we’ll do. The zoo? Dutch Wonderland? You have to love being a parent.
On our way there, wearing his new Elmo shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment