Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mini Me

Maybe every parent wants a child who takes after them. I know that my husband hoped for that (even if he wouldn’t admit it), and he definitely got it. Cole wants to be just like his daddy. It may have started with the love of lacrosse, but now it’s just become comical with every little imitation. Cole loves to work out like his dad. Kevin shadow boxes. Cole flails his arms around. Kevin does pushups. Cole lies next to him doing his version, bobbing his head up and down. Kevin does his “6 inch” ab workout. Cole lies next to him, lifts his legs, and laughs. My guys also have a morning routine that they go through together. When Kevin puts his hair gel in, Cole ruffles his own hair to imitate his dad. They brush their teeth together, “shave” together, and put on deodorant together. If Kevin does it, Cole has to do it. I roll my eyes and laugh, but I think I’m secretly a little jealous. Kevin says that if we have a girl, she will be a little nerdy and will spend her time reading and correcting people by saying “actually” before pleading her case. Man, I sure hope so.
Cole "gargling" his mouthwash and putting on body spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment